Archive for August, 2011
You’ve Got The Love – Florence and the Machine
Having a harpist at your wedding can provide a very soft and elegant feel to your special day. It adds a much more personal and inviting atmosphere to your ceremony. You can use the harp during your prelude, honorary seating, the entrance of the bridal party and the recessional. Here are some song ideas we’ve collected if you decide to go the harp route:
- Ave Maria – Bach Gounod
- Canon in the D – Pachelbel
- Meditation from Thaiis – Massenet
- All I Ask of You – Phantom of the Opera
- Something – The Beatles
- Traditional Wedding March
Campus – Vampire Weekend
This post is for the brides/grooms out there who prefer something outside the realm of traditional music at their wedding. If you’ve put the nix on a live band (not that we recommend that 🙂 ) and a DJ, what other options do you have? Here are some of the ideas we’ve read about:
- Comedian: We’ve never been to a wedding with a comedian, but people do have them! If you know your guests and this is something that they’d like, then you should go for it. If you dont’ want a performance going for the whole reception, try having the comedian’s act(s) last a half hour or less with ipod music before and after. This gives guests a show, but also time to mingle and relax.
- Magician: This is a great source of entertainment at any party. Having the walking magician gives the guests a chance to do what they please and be entertained when they feel like it.
- Outdoor Games: If your wedding is outside, consider having some games for guests to play. Organized games are also an option as well, but some guests might feel overwhelmed or childish doing this. Games that are voluntary and just sitting out are a way for guests to mingle and talk while having fun. Again, you know your guests, so choose what feels right.
- Tribute Bands: This could be a really fun idea if you and your fiance have a strong love for a certain band and it won’t break the bank. Going with a tribute band can get the audience going and they are a lot cheaper than normal live bands.
- Other Entertainers: This category includes things like belly dancers or impersonators. These can be great ideas for theme weddings. Think about what your theme is and if there is some kind of entertainment to fit with your ideas.
Me and Mrs. You – Michael Buble